Tag - ‘image consultant’
- Look for items in your favorite colors. For example, my color this summer is coral, and I’ve bought several coral pieces to jazz up my summer neutrals.
- Try things on! And then walk around in them, sit down, and move around. Next analyze how it will fit into your wardrobe. It’s easy
- If you button your jackets, even part time, you should never have any pulling across your back or at the buttons. When pulling occurs, you will need to buy a size larger and have the jacket tailored
Tips to help you determine your best skirt lengths:(Oh, and these tips mostly refer to professional dress, so mini skirts and maxi’s aren’t addressed. ) The most popular skirt lengths right now are from just above the knee to just below the knee. Your best length will depend on your legs, your knees, and your comfort level. To find the length you prefer best, start by trying on the skirts you love most. Look at yourself from the side and rear. Take note of where they hit on
- Earrings, necklaces, pins and scarves help draw attention to your face, where you always want it for business. When your face is the focal point, your message is much stronger!
- Metals, pearls, precious and semi-precious stones, and crystal jewelry present an elegant look without being audacious. Examine each piece for a look of quality. Avoid plastic or enamel, or anything that looks cheap.
- Medium-sized jewelry will be eye-catching and sharp, yet not distracting in business. Delicate jewelry is beautiful, but it doesn’t have the drawing power of a more substantial piece. Overly large pieces can be distracting.
- One piece of jewelry should be dominant, larger or more attention getting, and the other pieces should be subordinate. For example, if you’re wearing a substantial necklace, your earrings should be
- For the apple shaped woman (slim legs with weight in tummy and chest,) look for a higher rise with straight legs or wide legs, such as trouser jeans.
- For the triangle figure type: look for a contoured waist to prevent gaping. Straight legs or boot cut jeans with a dark wash are best.
- For the rectangular body type: lots of details such as fading on the thighs and whiskering will help give you curves. Low rise straight legs or skinny legs are best for you.
- For the hourglass body type: Flared legs or boot cut jeans are best. See Triangular for more tips.
- For the inverted triangle body type, wide legs or boot cut jeans will give you more volume on your bottom half. Add curves with fading and whiskering.